Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Solitary Moon



I gaze at the moon that looks down upon me and smiles its wry smile.
It understands my loneliness.
It is not reluctant to bare its blotches.
It derives solace in the cavern in my existence.
Not everything that is beautiful is content, it explains.
Not everything that is beautiful is supreme.
I am but a mere shadow of another’s existence –
A scrounger of another’s glory.
Beauty and mirth rarely go hand in hand,
Nor does it guarantee camaraderie.
Why lament, what is out of reach?
Why seek the elusive?
Why embrace the afterglow of a mirage?
That’s when I understand –
You’re not illusive –
You’re absolute and my desire incarnate,
Basking in the eerie glow of this moon,
Breathing my sanguine expectation.
You terminate this torment, and consummate this pursuit.
For, the moon that is a comrade of my solitude is yours too,
The glow that it bestows upon my visage is a part of your countenance too…
…………………………………


There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.’
~ George Carlin 




3 comments:

  1. it becomes difficult to read when u use this font !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent skill.I just love it. Jessie keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Kakima. I post in my blog only once in a while, but when I do, it is support like yours which inspires me. :-)

    ReplyDelete